WE ARE ALIANT
Freedom of practice.
A full-service law firm customized to your practice. You pick what works for you.
No bureaucracy. Low overhead.
of a large international law firm – reach new prospects
of a large brand – pursue larger and more profitable clients.
Receive inbound client referrals and origination credits for outbound referrals.
Retain practice independence with very low overhead.
Full administrative support
Global and national networking and practice development.
Benefits of Joining Aliant
Attract more clients, boost your credibility, and increase your visibility with marketing support offered by Aliant. As a well-established law firm with a strong reputation, Aliant can help you attract top clients.
- Global Brand Attract larger, better-paying clients and establish instant credibility with the backing of a well-established brand. We take care of building the brand while you focus on what you do best–law!
- Microsite within Aliantlaw.com Aliant provides all lawyers with a convenient and easily searchable microsite on our high-traffic and SEO-optimized global website which is continuously updated and improved. Your microsite will help amplify your regional and personal brand by cataloging your custom content (articles, guides, webinars, etc.) all in one place.
- Tell Your Story Amplify your regional and personal brand through custom content on Aliant’s global website, social media channels, and intra-firm communications.
- Thought-leadership Exposure Opportunitites to participate as speakers in widely-distributed webinars and as co-authors of published articles and white papers.
- Social Media All lawyers can post on our social media channels and participate as speakers in webinars and as co-authors of articles and white papers.
Lawyers on the Rainmaker plan will receive support in personalized marketing, booking speaking engagements, publishing articles, and application submissions for top awards and recognition (Super Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, and similar rating agencies).
Make local and global connections to help grow your business through networking opportunities offered by Aliant. Members are invited to attend regular events to ensure you make more than connections–you make friends.
- Monthly Practice Group Meetings Participate in one or several of our practice groups where we meet regularly to get to know each other, compare best practices, share knowledge, develop business, speak on panels, co-author articles, and make introductions to potential new clients.
- Monthly Networking Events Join us for a monthly Connect & Learn virtual event where we learn more about the practices of colleagues around the nation and globe as well as discuss other timely and relevant topics. At these events, we also take time to network in small groups to get better acquainted with each other.
- Annual In-Person Conferences Part education, part networking, part fun. These are not your standard legal conferences. It’s here that relationships are built, and business is brokered.
The Referral Advantage – get to know, like, and trust your Aliant colleagues
We know that referrals are the lifeblood of any law practice. That’s why we’re committed to providing our lawyers with the tools and resources they need to generate more referrals.
One of the ways we do this is through our extensive referral network. Our lawyers have access to a vast pool of potential clients through our monthly practice group calls, monthly networking calls, one-on-one virtual coffee chats, and live networking events.
In addition, our lawyers have the opportunity to build relationships with other Aliant lawyers who are key to the success of their practice. Our Aliant coordinators are experts at connecting lawyers with the right people, and they’re always available to help you get the most out of your membership.
As a result of our comprehensive referral program, our lawyers are able to generate more referrals and grow their practices.
Support: The Key to Success
Lawyers are busy people. They have to deal with complex legal issues, long hours, and high stress levels, along with running an office and managing a team.
By surrounding yourself with a team of supportive people, you can free up your time and energy to focus on what you do best: practicing law.
We understand the importance of support. That’s why we offer a comprehensive suite of support benefits to our lawyers, including:
- Shared office space: Rainmaker plan lawyers have access to shared office space, while all lawyers can have private offices in a shared or standalone environment for an additional fee. This gives you the flexibility to choose the work environment that best suits your needs.
- Software subscriptions: All lawyers have access to the latest software, including Office 365, Westlaw, Clio, and DocuSign. This saves you time and money, and it ensures that you have the tools you need to do your job effectively.
- Support staff: Paralegal and secretarial support is available to all lawyers on an hourly basis. This frees you up to focus on legal matters, and it ensures that your clients receive the highest level of service.
- Access to junior lawyers: Aliant lawyers include both rainmakers with significant books, and more junior lawyers looking for additional work. This creates a win-win for all, as rainmakers can offload work to junior lawyers, and junior lawyers can gain experience working with experienced lawyers.
These support benefits are designed to help you focus on what you do best: practicing law. By taking advantage of these benefits, you can save time, money, and stress, and you can ultimately be more successful.
If you’re looking for a law firm that can provide you with the support you need to be successful, then Aliant Law is the right choice for you. Contact us today to learn more about our support benefits.
Freedom and Independence
Solo law practioners are becoming increasingly popular as lawyers seek more freedom and independence in their careers. Aliant offers a number of benefits that give an advantage to lawyers who are looking for a more flexible and independent work environment.
- Flexibility to work from anywhere, at any time. A great option for lawyers who have families or other commitments that make it difficult to work traditional hours in a traditional office setting.
- Independence. Lawyers are free to set their own hours, choose their own clients, and run their practices the way they see fit. The perfect opportunity for lawyers who want to be their own boss and have control over their careers.
- Support: Despite the freedom and independence that Aliant offers, lawyers still have access to support when they need it.
If you’re a lawyer who is looking for more freedom and independence in your career, Aliant is for you!
Here are some additional benefits of joining Aliant.
- Reduced overhead costs: Aliant doesn’t have the same overhead costs as traditional law firms, which can save lawyers money.
- Increased productivity: Aliant helps lawyers to be more productive by providing them with the tools and resources they need to work efficiently.
- Enhanced professional development: Aliant offers lawyers opportunities for professional development, such as CLE courses and networking events.
Membership and Benefit Levels
|The Rainmaker||The Partner|
|Referrals from Aliant lawyers around the world|
|Internal networking events|
|Membership in an external networking group|
|Global annual conference attendance|
|Practice group participation|
|Enhanced and customized marketing and PR|
|Streamlined bookkeeping, billings, and collections|
|Office and conference room access||hourly|
|Paralegal and secretarial support||hourly|
Lawyers on the Rainmaker plan retain 75% of their collections, and 25% is retained by Aliant. Lawyers on the Partner plan retain 87% of collections.
A second checkmark indicates enhanced visibility, leadership positioning, priority access, premium software subscription plans, and other benefits, as appropriate.
The evolution of the solo law practice
Solo lawyers are the entrepreneurs of the legal profession. Having started her own business, a solo lawyer deals with all the challenges faced by a startup: keeping books, getting paid, developing business, marketing, hiring staff, remaining knowledgeable and competitive, accessing state of the art technologies, purchasing insurance, and so much more. So many obligations, and no support. Most solos spend 30-40% of their time on activities that do not generate revenue.
Jacob Stein specializes in complex asset protection and tax planning (U.S. and international). Over the course of his career Mr. Stein has represented a variety of clients with a net worth ranging from $500,000 to $2 billion such as officers and directors of Fortune 500 companies, high-profile real estate developers, investors, entrepreneurs, small business owners, physicians and individuals facing financial adversity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Aliant’s legal structure?
Globally, Aliant is structured as a Swiss Verein – a non-for-profit membership association of independent law firms with a shared brand, core values, and the intention to cooperate closely on client matters. Globally, there are 20+ offices and 250+ lawyers. In the U.S., Aliant is a limited liability partnership, and all Aliant U.S. lawyers join Aliant, LLP as non-equity partners.
Why would Aliant work for me?
We established Aliant as a turn-key platform to make our lawyers more successful, more profitable, and more competitive. Our structure allows you take have as much “firm” in your practice as you like. It is built around your needs.
Is there a typical Aliant lawyer profile?
Most Aliant lawyers are either partners moving laterally from Big Law or successful solos. Lawyers coming out of Big Law are looking to significantly increase their overhead, have other lawyers to delegate work to, benefit from paralegal and secretarial support, and to outsource all admin work. Successful solos are looking for business development, origination credits (referral fees), and succession planning for their practice.
What marketing support will I receive?
All Aliant lawyers have in-depth profiles on our high-traffic and SEO optimized website which is continuously updated and improved. All lawyers can post on our social media channels and participate as speakers in webinars and as co-authors of articles and white papers. Lawyers on the Rainmaker plan will receive personalized marketing support, help in booking speaking engagements and publishing articles, and submissions to Super Lawyers, Chambers and Partners and similar rating agencies.
How does Aliant promote client referrals?
All Aliant activities are focused on helping you to get to know, like, and trust your Aliant colleagues. This is accomplished through a variety of member interactions, such as monthly practice group calls, monthly networking calls, one-on-one virtual coffee chats, and live networking. Your Aliant coordinator will also help you connect and build a relationship with those Aliant lawyers who are key to the success of your practice.
Will I have a physical office?
Rainmaker plan lawyers will have access to shared office space. For an additional fee, all lawyers can have private offices in a shared or a standalone environment.
What if I need support staff?
Paralegal and secretarial support is available to all lawyers on an hourly basis (of course you can bill them out to your clients at a rate you pick). A certain number of paralegal and secretarial hours is included in the Rainmaker plan.
How do I bill my clients and get paid?
You set your own hourly rate, input your time into Clio, and our bookkeeping team generates client invoices, processes payments, and books credits to your account. At the end of the month, we transfer either 75% or 87% of the amounts collected to your account, depending on your plan.
I am a Rainmaker. Will I have access to junior lawyers?
Aliant lawyers include both rainmakers with significant books, and more junior lawyers looking for additional work. It’s a win-win for all.
What are the origination credits?
All Aliant lawyers receive origination credits for clients/work referred to other Aliant lawyers. Origination credits range from 10-30% of the fees earned and is negotiated by the two lawyers directly. Origination credits is an important way for our lawyers to generate additional income.
What are Aliant’s growth plans for the U.S.?
In the U.S. Aliant intends to grow to approximately 200 lawyers and to be present in most major markets.
Is there any exclusivity?
Yes. For each market, there is exclusivity or limited exclusivity based on practice area.
What software subscriptions are included?
Specific subscriptions are plan-based, but all lawyers will have Office 365, an email inbox, Westlaw (federal and one state for Partner plan and unlimited for Rainmaker plan), Clio, and DocuSign. Additional subscriptions may be purchased as needed.
Our streamlined process makes it easy
Have an initial conversation with Aliant’s Chairman, Jacob Stein.
Select your plan – Rainmaker or Partner
Determine additional needs like office space, associates, dedicated paralegal, tax preparation, etc.
Complete our short lateral partner questionnaire
Pass our due diligence investigation & Sign your contract with Aliant
Our onboarding team will get you connected to the resources and tools you need to get started
About Aliant Global
Founded in 2015, Aliant is built upon a personalized approach to practicing law and a dedication to best-in-class client service. We created the firm after identifying a global need for legal services where clients have unfettered access to partners and attorneys prioritize experience over billing.
Drawing on the capabilities, cultural diversity, and variety of skill sets that each of our attorneys brings to the table, our business model is service-first. We pride ourselves on having the resources, the network, and the local knowledge to help our clients navigate both business and personal legal matters that are great and small, local and far-reaching.
What Makes a Great Aliant Lawyer?
A great Aliant lawyer is entrepreneurial, wants to focus on business development and legal work instead of spending time on administrative and HR tasks.
We are recruiting lawyers nationally, in all practice areas. Almost all Aliant US lawyers have significant practice experience, big law experience, significant books of business, and, most importantly, are pleasant to work with. We are looking not just for great lawyers, but also for great humans.
Contact us Today
818-933-3838 / firstname.lastname@example.org